Recipes Worth Sharing: Freezer Taquitos
Use this recipe to make a family favorite meal that's ready in almost no time!
- 8 burrito size tortillas (we use the low carb, high fiber kind)
- one can of drained beans (we usually use pinto, but many kinds will work)
- 1 c. shredded Mexican style cheese
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
1) Combine beans, cheese and cream cheese in a medium bowl until well-mixed.
2) Evenly divide filling between tortillas.
3) Roll and place rolled tortillas side-by-side in a 9x13 baking dish.
4) Spray top with cooking spray or light spread of butter. Sprinkle with garlic or onion seasoning, if desired.
5) Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until slightly crispy.
Freezer option: place rolled tortillas in plastic bag or freezer-safe container. Double baking time for frozen taquitos.